A Brief Explanation

This blog is part of the curriculum for the seminar class, Process to Synthesis taught at Mississippi University for Women. The class is designed to help junior-level art students find coherence in their art, their thinking, their process, and their aesthetics.

As a part of that course; this site will publish lectures, readings, and assignments and will promote discussion. Right now, this site is still being updated and adjusted, though the class has been running since 2014.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Week 3 Media Assignment will be going out this afternoon.
  
I thought it might be nice to post some short works from each of the readings.  This poem is from Week 2: In the Place That You Are:

KEEPING THINGS WHOLE

In a field
I am the absence
of field.
This is
always the case.
Wherever I am
I am what is missing.

When I walk
I part the air
and always
the air moves in
to fill the spaces
where my body's been.

We all have reasons
for moving.
I move
to keep things whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment